Manchester City was found to have breached the Financial Fair Play rules and currently have been banned from any European competition in the next season and the one after that (pending an appeal). Man City are said to be confident that the ban can still be overturned, but as the current outlook shows, it seems that it could have a significant impact on their multi-million squad if the ban does indeed upholds. there are already rumours on potential moves of the megastars such as Kevin de Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Aymeric Laporte are all linked with moves away.
The ban can affect the Premier Leauge in a big way and shift the powerful hold that the citizens had in the last few seasons, but not only will manchester City will be demoted and potentially lose its starts due to the lack of income from the Champions League, but it also gave the rest of the league a chance and shot at a spot for next years Champions League.
Premier League Teams that are still in contention to replace Manchester City next season in the Champions League:
The list below is organised from what best chances to worst chances:
- Leicester seems to have clinched their spot for next season, although we still have some matches coming up, but they have a 9 points advantage on Chelsea that is unlikely to be lost.
- Chelsea – Life for the blues should be easier as the season progress, Chelsea with all likelihood will be in the CL next season, you can still find Chelsea tickets on SeatPick, ticket prices start at – £82 per ticket.
- Tottenham – As it currently seems the Spurs are the ones that most likely will benefit the most from this decision, but they are about to have some of the most exciting clashes of the season, you can find the best deals for the spurs on SeatPick, tickets start at – £57 per ticket.
- Manchester United – this is a big bet but they can still contest for the spot, the red devils should take advantage of all of their power at Old Trafford and get on top, man u can’t afford another season where they are out of the CL, you can find tickets for the Red Devils on SeatPick, prices start at – £51 per ticket.
- Everton – the Toffees have a shot at achieving greatness for the remaining of the season, if the get some wins under their belt, they can finish off the season with a significant achievement that can change the outcome of their next season. There are still tickets available on SeatPick, prices start from as low as – £21 per ticket.
- Sheffield United – If Sheffield manages to get the last spot that would be a huge achievement for the underdog and will mark an amazing season.
The Premier League just got a lot hotter, every match literally is worth millions of dollars for each team.