The FA Cup is one of world football’s most famous competitions and one that many are excited to watch when it comes around on the schedule at the end of the English season. The tournament is the world’s longest-running club competition, therefore it provides plenty of history and gives fans the opportunity to take in some truly unique experiences with the format that it presents each year.
Top Achievements and Winners In the FA Cup Final
There have been a number of clubs to have won the FA Cup on multiple occasions, with Arsenal having won the most titles. The Gunners have been the most successful as they have managed to lift the title on no fewer than 14 occasions, whilst Manchester United are close to catching them as they have lifted the trophy on at least 12 times. Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur each have eight successes to their name, whilst Aston Villa and Liverpool both have seven.
Memorable Moments In The FA Cup Final
The FA Cup Final has produced a number of memorable moments throughout its history, which has only helped to build the competition into what it is today. Labelled with the slogan ‘the Magic of the Cup’, there have been a number of occasions which has seen the Final be represented by a number of underdogs. For example, the likes of Portsmouth, Hull City and even Millwall all take centre-stage in one of English football’s top competitions.
Other moments have included incredible matches that have proven to be instant classics, with the 2005-06 edition of the FA Cup being competed between Liverpool and West Ham United standing out a mile. The two sides played out an entertaining 3-3 draw which was decided by penalties in favour of the Merseyside giants, however, it only got to that stage of the competition when Steven Gerrard equalised with just moments to go before the final whistle.
Top Players Over The Years In The FA Cup Final
The FA Cup final has seen a number of world-class players feature and only helps to build the excitement around the fixture. Whether it has been Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City or Liverpool in the final, fans can expect to see some top talent. When playing in the showpiece, Didier Drogba used to run riot as he managed to score a goal in every appearance he made, whilst men like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Raheem Sterling have all enjoyed themselves in recent memory.
Top Coaches During The Years In The FA Cup Final
As with top players featuring for their clubs, the FA Cup Final has seen a number of high-profile managers take to the Wembley Stadium (and the Millennium Stadium in previous years) dugout to coach and guide their side to victory. These men have included the likes of Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola, Rafa Benitez and Carlo Ancelotti to name just a few.
Past FA Cup Final History
Arsenal is leading the FA Cup wins with 13 titles, coming in second is Man United with 12 FA Cup trophies to their name.
Followed by Tottenham Hotspur who managed to win the FA Cup in 8 different occasions, all of the following teams have 7 wins each: FC Liverpool, Chelsea, and Aston Villa.
- 2000 Chelsea 1-0 Aston Villa
- 2001 Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal
- 2002 Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
- 2003 Arsenal 1-0 Southampton
- 2004 Manchester United 3-0 Millwall
- 2005 Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United
- 2006 Liverpool 3-3 West Ham United
- 2007 Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United
- 2008 Portsmouth 1-0 Cardiff City
- 2009 Chelsea 2-1 Everton
- 2010 Chelsea 1-0 Porsmouth
- 2011 Manchester City 1-0 Stoke City
- 2012 Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
- 2013 Wigan Athletic 1-0 Manchester City
- 2014 Arsenal 3-2 Hull City
- 2015 Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa
- 2016 Manchester United 2-1 Crystal Palace (AET)
- 2017 Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
- 2018 Manchester United 0-1 Chelsea
- 2019 Manchester City 6-0 Watford
How to get FA Cup Final tickets?
You can buy tickets to the FA cup final that will take place in the amazing Wembley Stadium in London, United Kingdom. SeatPick has the largest ticket selection to the Final online by aggregating tickets from hundreds of different ticket sites and sellers. Follow the following steps to book your tickets.
SeatPick is the best place to search, find, and purchase FA Cup Final tickets.
- Browse the above listings of FA Cup Final tickets to find the match you would like to attend. Once you find the perfect date, click on the button on the right-hand side of the event listing to see all the available ticket listings for that specific match.
- On the next page, you will be able to explore all available FA Cup Final tickets on the left-hand side of the screen. You can also use the Filters at the top of the page and sort tickets by price, or by SeatPick's Deal Score feature, which ranks tickets by the best value and which lets you know how good of a deal each ticket listing. On the right-hand side, you can explore SeatPick's interactive seating plans and find the perfect seating section that you are after and in most listings also get a preview of what the view from that section will look like.
- To buy your FA Cup Final tickets, click on the ticket listing that you want and you will be directed to the checkout process to complete the information fields.
- SeatPick's will process your order and deliver your FA Cup Final tickets.
Once you complete your order, SeatPick will take care of your order by forwarding your order to the ticket seller to complete your purchase. All ticket orders are 100% guarnteed. Our ticket sellers will make sure that you will receive your FA Cup Final tickets just in time before the match. All orders are processed via a secure booking system, and your ticket order will be fully secured.
Wembley Stadium - The home of the FA Cup Final.
The FA Cup Final will be held in the amazing Wembley Stadium, the stadium has hosted the Final since 1922 with a slight hiatus in the years 2000-2001, 2005-2006 season's where the old Wembley stadium has been demolished and was replaced by the new and renovated new Wembley Stadium. The Wembley stadium is hosting a few of the top sports from Rugby to Boxing to the American NFL Football as well as amazing music concerts.
Similar FA Cup Final Categories